4.05.2009

More thoughts from D&C 88 -- I love the temple!

I had the opportunity to attend the temple yesterday morning. As I was sitting in the chapel, I read this verse:

v. 63 "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

I read this verse and thought, Lord, I am drawing near to you. This, more than any other place on earth, is where I can physically draw nearest to you. And let me just tell you.......I drew near to Him, and He drew near to me. I had such a marvelous temple experience.

For the first time ever, I was able to sit in the celestial room until I was good and ready to leave. I didn't have to worry about the time, or paying a sitter, or the room being crowded. I just sat and prayed. And the Lord spoke to me. The temple is such a place of peace. I am no longer needlessly worrying about things. It is in the Lord's hands. I know what I need to do, and the Lord will take care of the rest.

A few more verses about the temple:

v. 74 "And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean."

v. 119 "Organize yourselves; perpare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God."

I know that last verse is specifically about the temple, but it is also a model for our homes.
I actually want this scripture illustrated by that one lady who did "return with honor" and "rules of our home" -- you know who I'm talking about? I'd love to have an artistic rendering of this scripture framed in my home.

I just have to close with my gratitude for the temple. I made a goal to go soon, and though things happened that could have easily kept me away, I was too determined to go to let anything stop me. I am grateful for the reminder of covenants I made. I am so grateful for the direct access the temple provides to the Godhead. If you truly draw near unto the Lord, He will draw near unto you.

No comments: