3.12.2009

Stand in Holy Places

I just love this scripture. It's D&C 87:8. "Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."

This verse of course makes me think of the temple. The ultimate holy place we should be standing in. {I need to go to the temple more often.}

But I think God meant more than going to the temple. Our homes should be holy places. The Bibe Dictionary says "only the home can complare with the temple in sacredness." {Is my home a sacred place? What needs to change? cleanliness, media that allow in}

And as far as the "be not moved," I think that refers to our convictions and values. Are they really convictions, or just things we think might be a good idea? This verse reminds me of Mosiah 5:15, "Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immoveable, always abounding in good works..."

I need to make the places I stand holy. I need to be steadfast and immoveable in my testimony, and my actions, for they really do speak louder than words. (I may be careful about the language I use and what my children say, but what about the stuff on TV?)

---On another note, this section is the prophesy of the Civil War. It makes me wonder if the Lord has revealed specific things about wars to more recent prophets.........And therefore makes me think we should listen when they tell us to have food storage and get out of debt.

1 comment:

Pancake said...

Are they really convictions, or just things we think might be a good idea?

I love that line!!